What are the computer/ technological skills required for an MBA in HR? In today’s world, the HR manager needs to be aware of the new technologies coming up. The whole world is going digital rapidly, so there is a need for an MBA in HR to keep up the pace. The HR manager should know how to manage information on the cloud and work on mobiles, laptops, and computers. They need to be well versatile in handling clients on social media sites.
Some tasks which HR professional are expected to do:
- Recruiting of talented employees in an organization
- See the ongoing training of the new hires
- To keep records of payroll, attendance, DA, holidays of the employees
- To let go the employees who are not working properly
- To handle each employee’s problem, whether it’s related to personal or professional.
The HR manager can easily handle the task if HR manager knows how and when to use the technologies properly.
Here are some technical skills for HR professionals:
Social Media Platforms –Social media skills are a must for every modern HR manager. As we see, the world is going digital, and everyone is engaged in online activities. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn have become essential for the business to operate. As such, the HR manager should know how to use these tools for the following purposes:
- Post the job openings on the company’s profile page and help prospective candidates apply for the same.
- To check the social media profile of the candidates and see whether they are suitable for the company
- Update the employees about the upcoming events of the company.
Human Resources Information Software: There are many manual errors which HR manager makes whiles performing the task, knowing HRIS can help them resolve these errors.
- Online filling of forms and storing documents digitally will save time and the efforts made to do paperwork.
- If the payroll process is automated, it will increase the team’s productivity and efficiency and save them money and time.
- It is easy to complete and manage the forms filed in a digital format.
Cloud technology: Since everything is online these days, understanding cloud-based technology is essential for HR professionals.
- If all the business data and human resources are centralized, it is easier to access and operate everything.
- If there is cloud-based technology in the company, it will improve communication and transparency within the organization and help retain the employees.
- If the data of the candidates and employees are stored in one place, it will save time.
Applicant tracking system: If the HR manager knows how to use ATS, it is beneficial for recruitment and hiring.
- You can post to multiple career pages and social networking sites through a single platform only.
- The manual workload of recruiting, interviewing, and screening the candidates is also reduced.
- Administered and personnel-related costs are cut down as job postings, interview reviews are posted automatically.
Talent Management Software: More strategic and informed decisions for setting long-term acquisition goals can be made using Talent Management Software (TMS). By tracking the reviews, feedback, knowing the objective of the employee can help you retain the good talent. With the TMS facility, you can analyze which employees need learning or promotion.
Knowing the technological skill for an MBA in HR is a necessity and not a bonus. In today’s world, new technologies are coming up every day, and HR needs to be well versed in these skills. If you are updated with the upcoming technologies, it will help the organization attain the goals without wasting the resources like time, money, and efforts of the individual.